Kitchen Bench Idea

Normally I like to post "progress" pictures on our house, but sadly, it hasn't been that exciting in home reno land. So instead, I thought I would post insight into projects that may come to be, and my thought process. So, we're revisiting the eat in kitchen. :)

The eat in kitchen has been bothering me for some time. I thought when I added these chairs, I would be loving it, but it immediately became evident that I needed colour in the room. So I thought about drapes.

Eames Eiffel Chairs in our Kitchen
(Reminder of what our eat in kitchen looks like right now)

But what I've been struggling with is that I would really, truly love, a bench. There is something comfy about sitting on one. I just adore them.

Last night I was telling my friend Erin (who lives across the street and has her own blog) about it, and this morning I woke up to find an e-mail with this inspirational picture from her.

kitchen

She was right - it's a perfect inspirational picture as it's very much like our kitchen. (We have that big window, we have the round table).

So I was thinking, perhaps we'll do it the easy route (to give Aubrey a break) and make a seating bench out of Ikea cabinets like this fabulous person did below.
kitchen2
(Image, Apartment Therapy)
I would likely modify it a bit such as add legs and then add a toe kick to make it look somewhat built in. And I would either go with white cabinets (like the inspirational picture, or dark wood to match our floors.

So, this is the latest inspiration over here, and I'm hoping it's something we tackle. :-)

(By the way, Erins laundry room was recently featured on Design Sponge ...you should take a peek!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment