Jenny Lind Cribs

First of all...Thank you to Grace over at Design*Sponge for featuring our Before & After of our Master Bedroom. I felt really special yesterday, and I love seeing new commenters, and will reply this evening to some of the questions that have popped up in the comment section. :)

On to shopping! I picked up crib for our nursery. We are going with a Jenny Lind. Kind of a big jump from my original pick of ultra modern style.

Turns out that I slept in a Jenny Lind style crib. Mom loved the crib and I therefore had sentimental reasons to love it, and the rest is history. :)

Urban_Grace_Crib
Over at Urban Grace, she used her childhood bed but had it sprayed gold. (I haven't found a good after photo on her blog but I will try to update it when I find it!)

jenny-lind-cribs_from MakingitLovely
Nicole over at Making it Lovely chose a Jenny Lind style of crib and posted these inspirational photos.

MakingItLovely_Crib
Here is her Jenny Lind crib for Eleanor.

jenny lind crib
(Above Image from Layla Grace)

I called around the city, and no one, absolutely no one carried it. But I do some graphic design work for a baby store Dear-Born Baby, and called them to see if they carried the crib. Although the crib is not on display, they said that they could get it in. :) WHOOP!

I'm glad I inquired sooner than later as these things need to be special ordered. Although I'm ahead of the game, the crib will take some time to get here.

It's slightly more traditional than I had intended, but I'm going to modernize the room with the bedding and other areas. :)

Ps., We chose a carpet for the nursery and it's being installed Tuesday!

Update, Sunday January 17th...I found some more pictures of Jenny Lind cribs in use!
jennylind_domino
New - Domino picture of a Jenny Lind Crib

jennylind_ohdedoh
Picture of a bright yellow Jenny Lind crib found on Ohdeedoh of Norah's Sweet and Sunny Nursery

jennylind_unknown
Jenny Lind Crib picture via

0 comments:

Post a Comment