Eat in Kitchen Progress

We finally got some chairs for our eat-in kitchen! Design wise, this eat in area was important for me to address as when you walk into our house you see this area at the back of the house right away (via our galley kitchen). It was never 100% right, and the original chairs that came with the antique wood table we're too traditional for me. (See picture here) They were wood, and there was too many different woods in the room. I needed to break it up a bit.

chairs

We bought 4 White Eiffel Chairs for around our teak table. I simply adore them. They add a really fun playful, and modern look to the kitchen. Even better (and importantly) they are comfy.

The room is far from done. I need to now add colour. If that Orchid doesn't survive, we're at a high level of alert of requiring a colour pop. I'm now at the stage where I'm thinking we need to add drapery on either side of the window.

 Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis Fabric

I'm open to suggestions on the fabric, I'm thinking of the popular Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis Fabric. (So I'm not the first one to love that fabric, but it's just one of my favourites) and I think it would be stunning in yellow. Which surprise me. When we moved in, I swore off any shade of the sun. The house, when we bought, was school bus yellow. BLEH. Now, however, I'm craving hits of it, just like I was craving lilac for the bedroom.

The fabric may proove to be too expensive for such an expansive window, so I'm considering alternatives, or making the curtains "decorative" (So they don't close ALL the way) We would likely never close them, as we have the privacy when we want with the venetian blinds.

Again, this post is far from a before and after, but the new chairs warranted a post. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment