2nd Bedroom Makeover Progress

And here is the 2nd Bedroom Makeover story, to bring us up to date. :) I'm not going to lie, I absolutely hated this room. I think I hated it because I was stuck in it for 1.5 years running my business, and it was super cramped. (I knew what I was getting into, I'm not complaining, but I didn't factor in that I would really miss being "organized")

I really disliked the room. That is up until now. Here is the "story line" of the 2nd bedroom. Although it's far from finished, I'm no longer embarassed to show photos.

white floor 3

When we bought the house. BLEH.

basement 5
A second shot of when we bought the house, looking in the other direction vs. above. Double BLEH. Seriously, I wonder what we were thinking sometimes, but I guess it was a vision. :)

{Here, we have a "pause" in the photos}
Between the picture above, and the picture below, I lived in the room running my business. The grand plan was to reno the basement to be my studio. (Which has happened) It was a temporary insanity, for the greater good of the whole scheme of things. The office was a mess. And I'm going to refrain from posting the embarassing pictures. :) So let us skip ahead to the "present" day scenes.

white floor 2
Priming the floor.

006
Another shot after priming. The walls needed some touch ups, and painting is next.

bedroom1
I started painting the room on Sunday, and took a break for dinner with my parents (Sunday ritual) and then came back and went strong until 1:30am.

bedroom2
The floors got painted white, and it's beautiful. The room feels bigger, airy, and perfect. The only issue - when you take a picture, everything blends into one another. (HA) so some "accessories" are definitely needed to pump up this room.

014

There you have it! The up to date post on the spare bedroom. Ikea baskets fit PERFECTLY on the shelves! And we're going to build doors on the left hand side so it's a usable closet. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment