Lamp Makeover

Hey family - remember that lamp base I've been lugging around in the car for the past year? It finally got a shade! :) Here is the before, and after...

lamp

The background is that the lamp base I found at a thrift shop down the street (do check out the link, as it's a wonderful store with a cause) and I knew right away that I was going to paint it white. I painted it white within a day, but it's taken me 1 year to find a shade.

The size of the base of the lamp caused a lot of issues, as not many companies make pre-fab shades of this size. To cut a long story short, I found a custom lamp shade company - I brought in the lamp base, we tried on different sizes, and I picked my fabric. And I adore the lamp!! It will be going in the spare room, but she made her way down to the studio.

I love what white paint can do. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment