Let there be light....

Aubrey has the next few days off so we're tackling things like the carpet for the nursery, rebuilding the shelves in the nursery, and a surprise shopping trip today for lighting.

The last piece of evidence of the old owners (other than our 1980's kitchen) is on our 2nd floor where there is this awesome retro chandelier in our hallway. It actually has a little bit of kitsh to it, and became a little joke in our house.

Retro (1)

Although it functioned (and therefore not a main priority on the shopping list) it started to stick out like a sore thumb over the past 2 years, and it's something that really bothered Aubrey because of it's look. Alternatively, it bothered me because it actually was a bad light in general as it cast a yellow glow on the 2nd floor, and the single bulb provided little light.

So we went light shopping, and came home with stiff necks.


One of my favourite stores is Universal Lighting in Toronto. It's where Meurice, our Master Bedroom Light came from. (Post about that is here)

Light3

The shiny silver lights were my first love, but they were too large for our 2nd floor landing. You'd walk right into any of these if we had gone with them. But for House # 2, these will one day be mine.

Light 1

Then I spotted this collection (above) and fell in love...they had a similar sparkle to them, but were much shorter, and therefore more appropriate for our landing.

Light2

Oops, got sidetracked. I started to take pictures of other fixtures I loved. Isn't this one gorgeous? I was trying to tell Aubrey this would be PERFECT for our Dining Room. And then we spotted the price tag ($900) and I realized the closest I would come to having this in my home was by framing this picture.

So...what did we end up going with?

light

074

Although I would have prefered one of the Mammoth, larger lights like in the first picture, it wasn't going to work...and they were also pretty expensive, so this one was just right. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment