Bookshelves

I need to start this post off with some background for those that arent privy to the story behind needing bookcases. :)

When I married Aubrey, I also married a huge book collector. I didn't get it at first. Where were these books to go? Could we maybe get rid of some, to make room for the new? Before you poo-poo me and think I am a grinch, this isn`t your ordinary book collection. This is books falling out of closets, books hidden behind tables. Books, books books. Interesting books, yes. Educational, indeed. Lots of them all over our house with no place to be...unfortunately yes as well.

I realized that these books and I had to co-exist. If you know Aubrey, you know that he has this wealth of knowledge and loves to learn. It is one of the things that made me fall in love with him; his quest for knowledge and understanding of people and issues, and his interest in always learning. So. The books are staying and we have to find a way to properly display the more precious of the collection.

For the past 2 years we've been trying to figure out how to properly get some of his books out on display. We've agreed that we can't display ALL of them (there just isn't room) and so I've been collecting inspirational pictures in that time.

We've found a solution to the book display issue and someone to help make them, which I'll do a proper post on but I'm still working on the design. (and we have to save up some funds, because man-oh-man, baby stuff is expensive) But, for now here are some of the pictures I've collected. :)

Some of the pictures below are less grand than others, some from regular people's homes where I may have seen the picture on a contractors website showing a basement re-do. But any inspiration helps!

Bookshelf
1.

Bookshelf
2.

Bookcase
3.

Bookcase
4.

Bookcases
5.
Bookshelves
6.
Bookshelves (4)
7.
Bookshelves (5)
8.
Bookshelves (3)
9.
Bookshelves (2)
10.
Bookshelves (6)
11.
Design-House-040909-1
12.
tons_of_books_domino
13.
Peter_Pennoyer_Park_Avenue_Apt_Library
14.
veere_grenney_8_1
15.
mandy1frontfinal
16.
nate_berkus,_katie_lee_joel5
17.

Ps., For bookcase obsessed like myself, you'll likely already know of I Suwannee's Bookcase of the day, but if not...take a peek here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment