Curatin Love - Inspirational Pictures

There's a lull in projects as Aubrey is back at work, business is busy, and our past week was filled up with Doctors appointments, our car needing repairs, and just "life" so I thought I'd do a quick post on what "researching". It's drapery for the nursery.

I have a slight obsession over here, and it's with drapery. I love drapes. I want more windows to hang drapes on. I'm a fan of pinch pleats as they are clean, and simple, but oh-so gorgeous. And most of the pictures below are, surprise, surprise, pinch pleats.

Let me show you some of my favourites...

The following two are from over at Little Green Notebook. Seeing her mix of the wood roll blinds with the curtains makes me want to take down all of my white wood venitian blinds and replace them with this. The issue with some of our windows is that the white wood blinds hide the ugly windows, and I can tilt the blinds to still let light in, something I couldn't do with the bamboo look below. But I can dream!

Curtains (4)
The piping of the contrasting colour is a huge source of inspiration for me for our nursery.

Curtains (18)
The mixture of the luxe fabric, with the natural blinds makes my heart skip a beat.

Curtains (3)
Samantha Pynn did a similar look of adding a contrasting colour on the inner portion of blinds in a makeover she did that was featured in Style at Home, January 2010's issue.

Here are some more of my favourite drapes pictures.
Curtains

Curtains (10)

Curtains (15)

Curtains (4)

Curtains (2)

Curtains (16)
Over at Urban Grace she did these gorgeous blinds for her nursery. Again, I'm loving the look of the wood blinds, and the band of a contrasting fabric on the inner portion.

Awhile ago I was searching for drapery inspiration online and I came across Levlors helpful Guide to Drapery Styles. In talking with my seamstress, or perhaps if you're working with a designer, (or if you want to google the appropriate drapery name) their reference guide to drapery styles I found very, very helpful.

Levlor Drapery Explained

Anyhow, I'm off to a friends baby shower this weekend, and work is likely filling up the next few days as well, but next week I'm off to try to find some fabric for the nursery which should be fun. We found out the sex of the baby...which I wasn't going to reveal, but as a friend pointed out, you'll probably tell from my colour selections! ;)

Have a great weekend! Hopefully the Levlor site, and some of the pictures above prove to be inspiration for you as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment