Nursery Mood Board

Some people have asked to see some pictures of the nursery, and how it's coming along. Long story short - it's embarrassingly empty and I grumble whenever I walk into the room. (Not kidding). I'll fill you in later, but basically the painting of the floor didn't work, and the wall colour, that white with no tint, also didn't work.

In an effort to save my sanity (or maybe his) and to keep me out of the room, Aubrey put a sign on the door that said .. "Work in progress...Keep Out". It didn't work. I couldn't rest until I had a design plan. So...

In an effort to get some direction for this room, I've put together an initial concept for the nursery. I am quite sure that this room design will change over time, but it eases my mind to see some things together. I actually really like the initial concept and a weight has been lifted having done my first look. What can I say. I'm visual. I need pictures.

nursery ideas
(See resources for pictures below)

I have some questions for you, those out there that have had children...(a) Do you really need a glider and (b) do you REALLY need a change table? I'm trying to avoid things that have limited life spans...so would love to know you would recommend "must-have's" for our nursery. (My Mom says that we never had change tables as kids, and I'm rather in love with the low teak dressers that I've seen around town.)

--------------
Ps., I'm off on vacation (not going anywhere, but taking some time off work!) as of the 24th, so there will be a delay in some posting. I'm hoping to have some "progress pictures" upon my return! ;)

Resources for the Inspirational Board
(1) Jonathan Adler Sconces
(2) Shinzi Katoh forest poster,
Available here Framed in an Ikea Ribba Frame
(3) Ikea White Drapes
(4) Flag Garland,
like shown from Oeuf (though not necessarily this one)
(5) Giant Giraffe, From
MastermindToys (not available online, but seen in-store)
(6)
Netto, Moderne Crib
(7) Glider, like the
Pottery Barn Kids (slipcover, washable)
(8) Carpet for room, to cover the mistake of painting floor white

(Teak dresser/no resource, find one at a used furniture shop)

0 comments:

Post a Comment