Nursery Progress

Some little updates in the little ones room. It's far from finished but it's definitely taking on a design direction as layers of items are being added. As you can probably tell, I'm not a huge duck, bunnies and lambs kind of person. Little bits here and there I'm totally for, but fabric wise, I'm more content with bolder prints and solid colours.

bed

We added a dark brown coverlet from Ikea to make the bed a little more of a focal point. The white sheets that were previously there (and are still there, but are just beneath the coverlet) made it obvious that white wasn't going to work. (It was too much white). On a whim we tried the Ikea coverlet and I'm happy with the direction that this side is taking on. (Word of caution - my only dislike of the brown coverlet is I now know if Mak the Cat has been napping on the bed/couch)

Mom is making a bed skirt for the bed, (even though it already has one built in as you can see) the bed skirt will be a linen to match the linen on the pillows that are on the bed. Art will go above the bed to add some nice height to the wall.

We've been hunting for a dresser, and I found one I loved but when I went into the store the price tag was $2100. Ughh. I have expensive tastes. We walked a few doors down and found a this little one for $150...

dresser

I was the perfect height and perfect size for the room.

It needs a little TLC... The top is red, which doesnt really jive with the rest of the room but I'm thinking of either painting the top (just the top) in a medium gray which would modernize it a little. If the top wasn't painted, I wouldn't consider painting it as I do love the look of wood. The bottom piece is missing (but we have it) so it just needs to be reattached.

009

Little items are making their way into the room, like (From Left to Right) my old Lion*, my (new) duck pull toy from matsutake's etsy shop, Sophie, and of of my favourite childhood memories --- a Rolly Poly Chime Ball by Fisher Price. (Via Ebay)

On a seperate note, I adored the craftmanship of the Duck Pull toy so much, and have wanted to get others for friends of mine but she doesn't keep a huge stock available in her shop at all times, but when browsing her blog I came across a DIY version as she was on Martha Stewart.

009

You MUST check it out. I'm thinking when I take some time off before baby comes I may make it a craft weekend and do one of these.

Anyhow, just a little post, on the little room updates. :)
--------
*When I found my old Lion while at my parents house, my Mom said that she learnt a trick on how to disenfect stuffed animals. Apparently hospitals put stuffed animals in the freezer, which kills off any germs. So prior to letting me take it home, she stuck Lion outside to give it a good ol' freeze and then fluffed him up. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment