Ikea Hacking the Varde Unit




I get things into my head that certain projects need to get accomplished - and it happens at the most random times. It drives Aubrey nuts. But right before the Christmas rush for the shop, I felt that my studio didn't really look right and the major problem was the worktable that I use. I never loved the wood tone of the Varde Island from Ikea but it was the right price, and, has served well. I've had this table since I started my shop in 2004 and it has been amazing. But the wood tone didn't fit with the darker walnut tones in the floor and my DIY desk.  So I took it upon myself to try to fix it, to fit more with my current style. I gave away the "after" above. They really are simple changes, but make a huge difference. To read more about how I did it, and, more shots of the space now, read more after the jump.
Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment