Raspberry Crops

When we moved into our house, one of the first things I planted was a Raspberry bush in our backyard. (It was hardly a bush, they look like sticks when you initially plant them)

Growing up, one of our houses had a Raspberry bush and I have the nicest memories of walking outside to pick fresh berries as a child. In an urban landscape, it was pretty fun to have a huge berry bush in your garden.

I knew that one day we would have a child, and so I actually planted the raspberry bush, knowing that by the time we did have kids, the bush would be mature. And if the Raspberry gods were watching, this summer, my Raspberry bush blossomed with tons and tons berries, just in time for Oscar.

raspberries 2

And every day for the past week, I've been able to pick a bowl of raspberries like this. I've had them on my cereal in the mornings, or as desert (gotta loose this pregnancy weight!) in the evenings.

raspberries

Super easy to maintain and after a few summers, you'll go out and be able to pick a bowl like this every day. The bush is tucked away in a secret corner of our garden, so it's not a huge part of our landscape but because of the amazing crop of berries I'm getting this year, I'm tempted to find some more areas where I can plant some more berry bushes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment