Porch Drapery

We've been using the front porch a lot now that the Bear Chairs are in. Last night the three of us watched the rain come poring down.

aubrey and oscar

My friend Erin and I were sitting there later on that evening while Aubrey was out and I commented that I disliked the view of seeing the bins to the right. (in Toronto we have these massive garbage bins that are an eye sore). Erin suggested some porch drapery. Duh. What an awesome idea.

It is a beautiful look & I've seen on other houses. So here are some inspirational photos....may be nice to add in, and very inexpensive I would imagine.

porch drapes

Blog_garden_4

In our garden, we had a metal shed that was missing doors. Because replacing the shed was not a cost we wanted to do, I added in some white shower curtain pannels to give a beachy look, and hide the shed contents. (Project here) So out there, I used the shower curtains, and they wash easily, and are pretty durable. However, they aren't the kind of fabric I'd want on our front porch. So I guess my question is, I wonder if we could just use regular fabric, or drapes, like the Ikea ones from our Nursery? Decisions, decisions. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment