Looking for love in all the wrong places....

For long time readers, you will know that I have debated what to do on this area of the nursery since day 1 that we announced our pregnancy. And, since then, we have yet to find a nice solution for the massive wall of white.

blog_daybed

As you can see above, I originally thought green strip pillows would be my jumping off point, but they proved to be hard element to design around. Seriously, I was having the worst luck at picking ANYTHING while pregnant. (The pillows, as you can see in the right hand picture, have since been removed)

I am happy to note that I have now found a solution!!

I was flipping through House and Home Magazine a few weeks ago while lounging at the cottage when I came across Arren Williams fantastic house makeover. I had seen progress on his blog, loved his work, and love watching his segments on CityLine. And although I had seen this picture (below) before, it was while at the cottage, when I was in desperate need of help for Oscars room, that this picture proved to be the winner in my look for love.

arren_williams
Photo Via Arren Williams, Source Here Photo by Angus Fergusson www.angusfergusson.com

He has a HUGE upholstered headboard - and it clicked..THIS is what we were going to do in Oscars room.

For months I've been looking for love in all the wrong places - trying to make this area work by trying to source the perfect duvet (wasn't having ANY luck) trying to find the perfect accent pillows (but what to match it with if I couldn't find a duvet!??) and then maybe I thought it was art that I needed to create (oh, the art blocks that I have been having). Nothing was working and I was getting increasingly irritated with myself that I couldn't figure it out.

It was seeing Arrens room when the design dilema was solved. Even though his room is far from the look of Oscars, it was seeing an out of the ordinary large headboard in a fun fabric, that it clicked. All along I kept calling this area a "couch/seating area" and what better than to make an upholstered back, much like a couch.

To give you an idea - here is the starting plan that I went with....

headboard

I have a few final details to put on it - so a reveal is coming within the next week. I'm actually really delighted with how it turned out, and I love how his room is coming together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment