Repainting Trim

Any day now (hopefully) we'll be getting our bookshelves (see this post). And in prepearation for their delivery, I have started a project that has long been on my to-do list. It's quite boring, but needs to be done.

white trim

I'm repainting the trim in the living room! Oooh! Exciting.

I've been taping up the room and everything has been moved into the dining room. (Which we have some awesome plans for coming up - but more on that later)

Ok, so why am I doing this? Well - perhaps you recall my discovery from awhile ago (here).

spare room yellowing of trim
(August 27th, 2009 post)

To remind you, I discovered that white oil paint yellows over time. And I discovered this, when I noticed all of my gorgeous white oil trim yellowing about a year after moving in. Ughh.

It's more obvious in certain areas of our house, like our living room. Now, you can't tell from the picture of the living room above, but should you stand in the room, you would notice the difference immediately if I were to point it out. (I admit, I would have to point it out for you to notice but upon doing so, you would spot the colour difference)

Before new bookshelves go into this space, I wanted to prime, and repaint the trim in latex semi-gloss. Sooo exciting I know, but it feels so good to start taping! ;)

Linds

0 comments:

Post a Comment