no more open door policy.....

We finally took delivery of our pocket door for the basement bathroom. This solves the great concern that we were going to have an "Open Door Policy" for the basement bathroom. :)

door
(Above, The new pocket door for basement bathroom)

What you may not be able to tell from the above is that this is in fact a pocket door for the basement bathroom. My concern with a traditional opening door is the fact that when a door opens, it takes up valuable floor space. Pocket doors, obviously are more modern, but also serve a great purpose of practicality. Design wise, the glass is frosted, giving a little more of an "open" feel to the basement.

Although it is still in packaging I had to post it because we've been eagerly awaiting it's arrival for some time. Although the door is not the style I originally wanted, now that it is in our house, I don't mind it as much as I thought I might.

When will we put it in? A few factors which I'll explain about in later posts, but basically we won't install it until the bathroom is actually "done". Which brings me to an update on our bathroom in the basement. I just noticed it has been 1 month, plus a day, since we last posted about tiling. As you have noticed, we're not in a rush to finish it, but finishing it IS a priority. Aubrey worked some more on it yesterday, just cutting some marble for baseboards around the washroom. It's a slow process, but it's looking good. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment