10 Minute Chair Makeover

Our kitchen chairs got the 10 minute makeover while Oscar slept the other day. Armed with my staple gun, scissors, and most importantly, some time (lacking that important element these days) I got this project done. :)

The chairs as they came with the table....

chairs

Reupholstered in the leftover Sunbrella fabric, matching the bench...

009

This was SUPER easy to do but resulted in me being able to actually stand looking at the chairs. (They were an eyesore to me before)

It was also a great use of the fabric that was leftover from the project for the bench. (Another great reason to buy a little extra fabric when doing projects - especially when the fabric is being shipped internationally)

The chairs aren't my favourite chairs, but we're not in a possition to buy new chairs (and I'm not sure which ones I would go for, but these seagrass chairs are my love right now) so this was a free, and easy fix to cover up the granny fabric that was there before.

UPDATE: Thank you for all the comments! Some of you have suggested painting the chairs. The reason why I haven't painted the chairs is to keep the integrity of the set, as it's quite a nice piece, and one day, should we go to sell it, I want to make sure everything is still in it's original condition. Hope that explains why I haven't thrown buckets of paint at this table & chair set! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment