Front Landscaping, little additions

We added some ferns to the front porch. They are sooooo fluffy. We happened to be driving by a nursery outside of the city a few weeks ago and I spotted these huge fluff balls as we drove on by. I think I yelled "Turn around! Turn Around! FERNS!" And Aubrey obliged and turned the car around on the country road and we went back and picked up two. :)

Now, to make me sound a little less nuts, we HAD been looking for ferns, so me screaming "FERNS!" out loud wasn't that shocking to Aubrey.

ferns

Last Fall I planted 3 big huge honking Allium bulbs* and look what has emerged! I was a little worried that animals may have stolen the big yummy bulbs, but I am pleased to see that they did not feast on these.

013

Since we moved into the house, I spotted a lot of houses in our neighbourhood with Alliums*. I really loved the modern look of these beautiful flowers, so last Fall I was sure to pick up some bulbs.

It will be a quiet weekend here...Aubrey is working and I have found myself sleeping alot maybe due to heat, but more likely because of baby. Maybe a combination of the two. But I thought for a quiet weekend, a garden post seemed appropriate. :)

Happy Victoria Day Weekend to my fellow Canadians. :) xo Lindsay
-------------
For the record, I usually call these flowers Onion Balls because I can never, for the life of me, pronounce Alliums, or recall the name. But if you say to a nursery "Onion Balls", although they may look at you funny, they tend to know what you mean! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment