Garland of Flags, Bunting Flags, Pennants...

I'm still aching for more colour in the nursery. And one way I thought we could add a burst of colour to the room is a colourful flag garland (or also called Pennants, or Bunting Flags). I have been searching for a pre-made garland that I could simply buy and hang, but finding one that is perfect for this design crazy person over here has proven to be difficult.

The DIY options for fabric garlands is not for me .... You see, finding one, just ONE, fabric for the kitchen bench was cause for emotional instability, so finding a rainbow of fabrics would likely send me over the edge. So we're throwing that idea right off the table.

But here is a sweet little roundup of ones that have jumped out as contenders...

garlands_1

(1) Oeuf : The colours are perfect but what stopped me from getting the Oeuf is that it looks short. (Doesn't it to you?)

(2) Petit Collage Wall Decal: Petit Collage has come up with a wall decal style of garland, and again, the colours are spot on for what I want,but it's unfortunately a wall decal, which work work for our room.

(3) DIY Version - Just because I'm not up for the challenge of sourcing fabrics, doesn't mean others aren't so this is a helpful DIY (that has made the rounds on the blogosphere)

(4) Spearmint baby does a different take on the flags, with felted balls. (I picked my favourite ball colours that I would likely use beneath) I just think this is adorable but the look isn't big enough for the look I was going for.

(5) This is one pre-made garland that I adore from Knottednest on Etsy (who is a fellow Torontonian). It is the one garland I've seen on Etsy that is design wise awesome, and not to mention affordable but I'm not sure if I'm totally sold on it for our nursery.

So I was at the end of my rope (or garland) and almost gave up but of course, Style at Home reminded me that somethings are achievable.

style at home flag garlands

They did a DIY project of paper garlands...umm....SOOOO easy! I remember seeing the child's room in the September 2009 issue (I think it was a High/Low spread) Click here for the instructions on how to do the paper ones. This may be a project I can actually tackle, now, I just have to find string....

0 comments:

Post a Comment