Nursery, Final Reveal

What we used to call the Nursery is now officially Oscar's Room. Although little elements will be added over time, we can pretty much say that this room is finished. And so a final reveal is in order.

A little background...

We knew all along that we were having a boy, but even so, designing a room for a little boy I found difficult. I was never drawn to trucks and airplanes, dinosaurs or ducks and lambs. A true nursery theme wasnt my style and yet I didnt want a grown up bedroom. All of the things I knew I didnt want, and yet I found it hard to find inspiration for what I *did*. The turning point was buying a few key pieces that I loved, that brought the room together; First, it was the huge Giraffe that my Mom gave Oscar, followed by the Lion Art Print above the crib and the Sharon Montrose Photographs that solidified the animal consistency.

oscars bedroom 1
This is the South Side of the Room...

And this is the North...
blog_headboard


The daybed is one of our favouite elements to the room. We turned a simple Ikea bedframe sideways and created headboard (DIY project here) making it a cozy reading area, and nighttime snooze spot for one of us.

Here are some of our other favourite elemets to the room

017
Add caption

Above, The dresser we found beat up in a local store. Originally it was going to be a dresser with a lamp, but it quickly became a change table. Stanley the Giraffe looks over Oscar as he change him, and now Oscar knows Stanley by name and pets him on the nose after being changed. And above the changetable are our favourite pieces, the Sharon Montrose Photos that we framed in Ikea Frames.



birdy


One of my favourite little elements is the birdy that looks over Oscar as he sleeps. When I was readmitted to the hospital after delivery, I was pretty upset and stressed at the hospital. With a new baby, nervous and not sure what was going on, Aubrey brought me this little bird at the Hospital gift shop. It instantly made me smile, and has a special place now in Oscars room.



Sarahs work is enjoyed by Oscar as he lies in bed.

And most importantly, Oscar loves his room. ;) We have great fun in in, and hopefully it will be a place where he feels warm, safe, and loved, like throughout the rest of the house.


To remind you, here is what the room was like when we bought it



Sources for the Room, South Side
Jenny Lind Crib - Dear-Born Baby
Rena Glider - Dear-Born Baby
Dresser, Change Table - Bronze
Dresser Knobs - Lee Valley
Giraffe - Mastermind Toys
Animal Photographs above Dresser - Sharon Montrose
Lion Artwork above Crib, Take me for a walk - Sarah Jane
Bunting Flag Above Crib - Free, Designed myself (Click here for your own)
Monkey in Crib - Manhattan Toys (retired toy)
Drapes - Tonic Living
Sources for the Room, North Side

Quilt on DayBed -
Winners
Headboard - DIY but with Fabric from InVU
Pillows - Custom. Sewing by MacFab, Fabric from Designer Fabric
Bunny on Bed - MastermindToys
Carpet - Alexanian Carpet
Wall Colour - Cloud White by Benjamin Moore
4 Light Drum Chandelier -
Manor 3377 Yonge Street, Toronto (Manfactured by Remington Lighting)
DayBed - Ikea

0 comments:

Post a Comment